Monday, August 23, 2010

Fall garden continued

It didn't take too long to ready our garden for the fall.  The hardest part was sweating our tushes off in this g-d awful hot weather!!

But a nice cold beer was waiting inside for us.


Here is the final product.  In the bed closest to us, I left the marigolds (garden bed one), the middle one (garden bed two), I decided to leave the Tam Jalepeno's because they are still doing great and not taking up much room.  And in the last bed (garden bed three) we left the herbs (medicinal and culinary).





Here is the Tam Jalepeno - a little bit smaller then the regular ones and NOT as hot.  They have been great to use in fresh salsa.







Here is the medicinal herb part of our garden.  It is small - but growing.  We have sweet annie, calendula, and borage.  That's all for now.





The BIG suspense of what we planted this weekend!!!! The first veggie seed to go in the ground were radishes.  We planted 2 types: Chinese Red Meat and Round Black Stanish.  Here is everything else that we planted in the gardens: Bull's Blood beet, Batavian Full Heart endive, De Meaux endive,  Extra Dwarf Pok Choy, Waltham 29 Broccoli, Rapini Broccoli, and Romanesco Italia Broccoli Rabe.

I also put in cowpeas that I will leave in as a ground cover through the wintertime. 

I will talk about ground covers and when to plant onions and garlic next time. 

I am also trying to get a video off my phone that I took of how to plant veggie seeds.  I will share that with too.

HAPPY GARDENING  - AND STAY COOL!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment